Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game freeze when max collider buy is large
I get a repeatable game freeze when 'max buy' colliders is very large.  I had 1,000 in all divine powers, 900% production bonus, and max buy for colliders was over 8,000. This results in the game freezing almost every time. If I buy in 100 chunks, it works fine.  I have experienced the freeze as low as 4,000 max buy, but frequency increases as the max buy increases.
(04.08.2017, 12:34)onotadaki Wrote: I get a repeatable game freeze when 'max buy' colliders is very large.  I had 1,000 in all divine powers, 900% production bonus, and max buy for colliders was over 8,000. This results in the game freezing almost every time. If I buy in 100 chunks, it works fine.  I have experienced the freeze as low as 4,000 max buy, but frequency increases as the max buy increases.
I have the same problem once I get above 13K colliders. I can't get above 14K
I've started having this problem too in the 9000 range. Seems like kind of a Big Deal since buying them in such large amounts has some big benefits.
Hey, in which matter range do these purchases lie? The freeze is probably caused by calculations hitting the e308 limit. Due to some imbalances a couple of patches ago, some players got to that border, which should've stayed unreachable.
Please also tell us about your cost reduction, because it is lowering the e308 limit.
I was in the h_ range, but I don't recall exactly where. Sorry, I also don't know what I'd upgraded my cost reductions to in that run, though in the divine powers it would've been around wherever bw would get you.

I found some success doing something like buying my way up to 2500 in batches of 100 then able to spend on 6000 levels together. At least for a while--for some reason shortly thereafter anytime I even tried to adjust the collider purchases past x10 it would freeze. I decided to implode at that point.
Ok, with v1.224 there will be a measure to avoid the game freezing. When the numbers get too high (by "exploiting" the imbalance of an older patch) the universe becomes unstable and has to be collapsed to a singularity.
Although this is not the nicest way to treat players, at least it avoids the game breaking.
If any further issues with this come up, please open a new thread.