No
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timewarp (Auto)Tap Divine Power
It has been suggested to make a Divine Power that increases the effectiveness of either 1) automatic taps, or 2) all taps during the timewarp.

What do you think about that idea?

Please also try to think about how it would affect the whole game when voting.
Well, I guess we can take it at an 8 hour time frame. In 8 hours that is 28,800 seconds. If we start at 1 sec per tap in timewarp thats 28,800 taps. I just imploded at my current state in the game. Each tap creates a particle of 7.41 matter, at level 11. That means I get a kick boost of 214,272 matter just by waiting. And I know after a while Your tapping production does reach a diminished return of not doing as much comparatively. I think if this is to go through you would need some clear way to have this not be an easy way to exploit the game.
(02.08.2017, 03:35)OneGoodPixel Wrote: Well, I guess we can take it at an 8 hour time frame. In 8 hours that is 28,800 seconds. If we start at 1 sec per tap in timewarp thats 28,800 taps. I just imploded at my current state in the game. Each tap creates a particle of 7.41 matter, at level 11. That means I get a kick boost of 214,272 matter just by waiting. And I know after a while Your tapping production does reach a diminished return of not doing as much comparatively. I think if this is to go through you would need some clear way to have this not be an easy way to exploit the game.

That is in fact the problem that I see with this Divine Power. One also has to consider, that you can upgrade your taps during the timewarp, so that this could give an out of balance boost.
To be honest, I have trouble to follow you with this. I don't see the problem. Maybe some kind of math calculation would help me to get that.

1 Tap per 1 sec. = 7.41matter (Lvl11)
Time warp begins and the taps per second, depending on the effectiveness of the warp (multiplied by 1,5) this means 1 Real second = 1,5 Warp seconds = 11,115 Matter per second.
Am I correct so far?
"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda
If I pause the game for 8 hours
Timewarp that in seconds is 28,800 seconds.
1 tap per second during the time warp mean 28,800 taps
at a rate of 7.11 matter per tap
the math becomes Time in seconds * The matter per tap.
Meaning that 28,800 * 7.11 = 204,768 matter in the span of the time warp.

This could be an exploit in the fact that people will just start waiting 8 hours in-between every move to get a boost in matter. As a mobile app developer you want people playing the game for as long as possible. It helps create some form of addiction/want to play the game. By having it in this way you make it so people timewarp, leave for 8 hours, then timewarp again. (Albeit this divine power may be closer to the end which is more okay. 

There would be some clear nerf/rule in place so that this couldn't be so exploitative.
(02.08.2017, 18:36)OneGoodPixel Wrote: If I pause the game for 8 hours
Timewarp that in seconds is 28,800 seconds.
1 tap per second during the time warp mean 28,800 taps
at a rate of 7.11 matter per tap
the math becomes Time in seconds * The matter per tap.
Meaning that 28,800 * 7.11 = 204,768 matter in the span of the time warp.

This could be an exploit in the fact that people will just start waiting 8 hours in-between every move to get a boost in matter. As a mobile app developer you want people playing the game for as long as possible. It helps create some form of addiction/want to play the game. By having it in this way you make it so people timewarp, leave for 8 hours, then timewarp again. (Albeit this divine power may be closer to the end which is more okay. 

There would be some clear nerf/rule in place so that this couldn't be so exploitative.

This is exactly why I was not for the autotap in timewarp. My God of Taps is set to 12 taps per second and 11 taps per tap. It does not run in the background when the app is minimized but all others are affected by timewarp. To me it's a good balance. When I'm not working I actually have the game open and running to let God of Taps do it's thing (along with me in there doing some tapping of my own). I prefer to keep it out of the TimeWarp just to maintain balance.
That argumentation sounds reasonable. We'll not add this one for now.